Peter Hook Responds To This Week's Events

Posted on Friday, 9 September 2011

News :: Peter-hook-responds-to-this-week-s-events :: PeterHook_CreditToMarkMcNulty_Amend smaller

I first I heard about this on Monday and it has taken me completely by surprise! Everyone knows that NEW ORDER without PETER HOOK is like QUEEN without FREDDIE MERCURY, U2 without THE EDGE, SOOTY without SWEEP!

On a more serious note, I do not understand the decision THE OTHER THREE have taken. I wish they had approached me first. I do not agree with the methods they have used and feel it would have been courteous and professional to have spoken to me in advance of the announcements. It is very sad.

Love PETER HOOK x Sept 2011

6 Comments (Hide)

News :: Peter-hook-responds-to-this-week-s-events :: AlexH2 AlexHales Southampton, UK
1 | AlexHales | 9th September 2011 at 10:09

Completely fuckin staggered, TBH. Peace

2 | farestage | 10th September 2011 at 08:35

canĀ“t believe it!!!Might as well go the whole hog and call themselves Joy Division!!

3 | John R | 10th September 2011 at 13:33

Damn right. Beatles without Paul, Doors without Morrison. What is this band going to do? Acoustic set?? Every audience member is going to be STARING AT THE BASS PLAYER with raised eyebrows, thinking "Who the fuck are YOU??"

4 | John R | 10th September 2011 at 13:38

I recently listened to the Rdaio 4 show, Pete, with John Cooper Clarke. Great fun. I though you guys had made up, anyway? What's Berards' problem? See, as fans, we don't really care what the problem is, we just want it sorted. How can four people who made such amazing, inspiring music for so long just, well, one day say fuck it? I don't get that. The music lives, Pete. Always will.

5 | Andrew Dawson | 10th September 2011 at 19:29

Yeah but it is only 20 quid return on the ferry from Calais to Dunkirk coming back at 0200am - you know it makes sense !

6 | AlexHales | 13th November 2011 at 13:27

With the benefit of hindsight (which is always a terrible thing) there seems to be more to the split than meets the eye. Totally respect Hooky's privacy and that of the others, of course. As a fan, of course it's deeply saddening to see this happening to New Order, but c'mon. They've all paid their dues.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Basket

The basket is empty

Media Player

The Hebden Bridge Tapes - DigitalThe Hebden Bridge Tapes - DigitalPeter Hook & The Light
0:00

Member Login

Don't have an account?
Sign in with a network ID or create a new one:

UPCOMING GIGS

No events to display
Get a free website at www.get-ctrl.com © Peter Hook Terms & Conditions powered by get-ctrl

Sending Data